Friday, July 13, 2007

Introducing CPU's Newest Member

Greetings Brothers,
We have our fourth official member in Pastor Steve from Rustburg VA. I met with Steve early this morning when I spoke of how God was moving us into deeper water he immediately said that this was exactly what he was hungering for. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit is moving in the lives of specific "regular" people and calling them to go deeper in their walk and devotion to Christ. Steve recently moved here from Georgia and he is a brother in every sense of the word. His genuine love for Christ and the deep hunger for a more intimate walk with Him is clearly visible. I am thrilled to having him onboard and committed to praying for all the brothers in this Union by name each day. He also covets your prayers on his behalf. He is pastoring Faith Baptist Church and is married with a 3-year-old daughter.

I will be getting him signed up very soon so he can start blogging with the rest of us. To deferentiate us, I will ask him to sign in as "Pastor Steve"....I'm just your regular Steve. Lord-willing, Pastor Steve will be joining us in October and I know you will be encouraged by his presence. Let's share the Canton Prayer Union with others as the Spirit leads.

Regarding Bill's challenge for more prayer...Amen brother! I'll be happy to set up a conference call for our designated day of fasting. I'm suggesting 4:30 a.m. next Tue. so it doesn't mess with our schedules. I know all of my brothers are up for their quiet time anyways! Let's remember that our Saviour got up "a long while before daybreak" and went out alone to pray. Let's follow close to HIM. Thanks for the challenge Bill! I can't wait!

Your brother, Steve

No comments: