Friday, July 20, 2007

The Best

Dear Brothers in Christ,
My name is Alec, and I live in Wales, the land that has seen more revivals than any other country in the world, but is now far away from God. I have set up a prayer network, called The Interceders, to pray for revival and awakening in Britain, and for God to raise up preachers of righteousness like the revival preachers of old. We have committed ourselves, like the Punjab Prayer Union, to pray daily until God answers. That is why I feel at one with you, brothers, in praying for the Canton Conference. It is an honour and a privilege to join with you in this way. I started praying on Sunday, 100 days before the conference starts, and am looking forward to meeting you there, but even more, I am looking forward to meeting the Lord there, and seeing Him work in a new way.
Bill or Steve wrote that he didn`t ever want to become "normal," and I feel the same way. I am the odd one out in every church I go to. There is so little concern, so little heartache over the state of the Church and the state of the nation. That is why I am so thankful to have the fellowship of the Interceders and you men of the Canton Prayer Union. We all need each other. In The Interceders, we pray for each other every day, and I am now praying for you as well. Am I right in thinking that there are two Steves, two Bills and one Dave? May the Lord bind us together with cords that cannot be broken, and lead us on to the highest and the best that He has for us, individually, corporately and for Canton, and the best that He has for America, and for Britain.
I am praying for a mighty move of the Spirit that will shake our nations,(Hag.2:6), and make them again His heritage.(Ps.2:8) "Oh God, make us appalled at what we have lost, and how much we have betrayed you. Break my heart with all the things that break Your heart."
Let our tears flow like rivers. We will not get anywhere if we are dry eyed.
Your unworthy brother, Alec

No comments: