Monday, December 17, 2007

grace of God

Quick Update....

What struggle we face but should I be suprise at them?
What praise will I sing? What song is in my heart?
Although the pain does not stop, I am I to stop praising His name?
Although there is no call for prayer, will I stop praying?
Although few will gather will my fire die?
Although few will gather and few will come. Few will understand and few will weep. Will I then stop my tears? Is this it I would ponder, we came we met and wept we left? But if then our fire dies then it was in vain? But if we are stired and will not give up until in he Comes then Amen.
For hearts that are stired to praying yet I have seen soon fire fades. But why? Life seems to be answer. We come busy and caught up in other things. Oh may it never be, but this day our would grow hoter for love of Christ. Our depth and understanding of prayer would grow.
Indeed there there is a greater meeting still. Who is eager for such a day?
Eager for God can and will do today in our lives? What grace he has given us, praise his name. He is worthy of our lives. our ways our hearts. Our everything, why then hold back, but give all and die at the cross..

So wherever you are, prayer meeting or not, don't give up press on.
Whom do we pray too? Is he able to make a praying Church?
But don't give up, but learn to wait and pray alone. Or maybe this what God keeps telling me. I have struggle what part do I have here at this Church? All I know for the last three years was prayer, and serving the Church in that manner. But they in some ways to hold off for big prayer meeting. I was upset and didn't understand the reason in it all. I still struggle with this, trusting God is more then able. And just need wait and pray.

My heart so heavy, if I be here please let there be a few I can meet with and pray.
And indeed today he blessed my prayer. and brought three lady who will meet on Saturday at 10 am. but before and even now, sometimes I fail to see Gods grace working. There is hope. I find my the best place to be is to thanking God, and praiseing him for what he will do and is doing now.

God has been showing the real and applyable ways to encourage my Church family to prayer. But the task seem hard and I am weary just thinking about it. But God grace can help me. I need his grace to walk and obey and to see what is he doing.

I read some great verses...
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" 1 Corn 9:24-27

Two keys things for me.. Self- Control .. and discipline. With what I eat.
Some times I think I have the right to eat what I want. Or I can as long as I do in under control. I seen that the lust of my flesh for sugar and other things I shouldn't eat all, has taken over and given birth to sin and lack of self - control. I know the facts and effects of even slipping once here and there. ( Note I am not eating it everyday. But even once is deadly in some ways) Why I say one time can be deadly is it open the door for more times, and soon it grows.
As John Owen says "" you must always be at it while you live; do not take a day off from this work ; always be killing sin or it will be killing you."
As part of my reason, just a rest here and there, but putting to death my ways it seems it needed everyday.
This hits home in such a real way. My sin of eating these food here and there I sure will not kill me this day, but the cause and effect it can have my body can be big. So idea or thought of sin killing us. Is so real to me this week. What I sometimes call little or not important is in fact big.

"When sin lets us alone, we may let sin alone; but sin is always active when it seems to be the most quiet, and its waters are often deep when they are calm." John Owen

This again is so true for me this week. I can't give up. I must be at war always. but I am always thankful God showed that I can't do this with out Christ.

"Sin’s expression is modest in the beginning but, once it has gained a foothold, it continue to take further ground and presses on to the greater heights. This advance of sin as it continues to grow." John Owen

" To neglect of this duty makes the inner mad decay instead of renewing him" John Owen

So I reason that I can eat this if I give more Med. What wrong thinking. a cover up for what I shouldn't have in the frist place. For some reason, if I could make so My blood sugar dosn't go up then I can eat. But I fail to remeber that is hurts others things that sometimes can't be seen. Same in my life I can't sin and use grace to cover it up. The heart motive is still there.

Anyways I had made a cake thing. I left in the house I was going to eat the next day. But brother gave it to the dogs. I was upset at frist then saw Gods grace for me. How weak we are at times.

Blessing in The Lord

charlene

No comments: