Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lets get back to REVIVAL PRAYER

Brothers and Sisters,
This blog is a Prayer Union. Remember the purpose. Remember the agreements you have made to participate with this blog.
Sin is sin.

Jeremiah 32:38,39 "They will be my people,and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart AND ACTION, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them."

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Are we still praying for revival ?

I have waited for a while to put my thoughts into this blog. I have read of concerns over the conference and discussions on sin. Our job is to be on our knees. The men who organized the conference and spoke were men of God with a great passion for revival. If revival has not started in your area, ask God to start with you. Are you still praying ? Many times at the conference when several of us went to prayer, many of our "union" were no where to be found. Corporate or group prayer or individual prayer will all be heard by God. Be responsible for what YOU must DO !!

It has been 10 weeks now since a "revival Prayer meeting" was started at my church. We are still yet to see the pastor or any of the elders or leaders of the church attend. We start at 8:30 am and pray untill the early service starts at 9:30. The pastor has "popped in" twice. I am so fustrated , angry and bewildered. We have only 3 of us who show up. One is only 14 yers old. I am praising God for the promise that where 2 or 3 are gathered.... God is teaching me to trust Him. I should not be frustrated. He is at work. I should not be angry. He is at work. I should not be bewildered. He is at work. God is faithful, and will continue to be at work. I believe God will bring revival. Gods promise and instructions come from His word.I am constantly brought back to:

2 Chronicles 20:17 "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions: stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you,..."

1. It is not my battle (or yours)
2. My position is on my knees (and yours)
3. My job is to stand firm (and yours)
4. The result will be that we will see God work ( is that your desire ?)

I must continue to pray. Let us get back to what we (GOD) started. Let us get back to sharing what God is teaching us in regards to revival. The one thing that I can tell you is that God has told me that He has heard my prayers. That is what I KNOW. Revival will come at Gods time and place. "when His people who are called by His name...."

Your brother, still in the battle,
BILL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired. - Martin Luther

Thanks for your post, brother Bill. Do press on in praying at your church. We started praying for revival in our church about seven years ago as a small group of ladies. That group has swelled, diminished, and now we have ladies prayer, mens prayer, family prayer, and Sunday afternoon prayer, with nearly all in our small fellowship in faithful attendence crying out to God for different needs and for revival.

Has revival come yet in the way we have been crying out for? No, not yet. But based on the promises in God's Word, I know He has heard us and will work in HIS Way and in HIS time.

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Ps 39:7

Your sister in the battle,
Joy

glory5god@gmail.com