Saturday, January 12, 2008

Recent Edits in an effort to focus this blog

Greetings friends,
I have made the difficult decision to delete several posts from this blog in an effort to get this blog back into focus. I notice that post-Canton, we started to drift and general discussions started to creep into our posts. I know there is benefit in having discussions about things that concern all of us but this is something that did not happen in the many days that we prepared for Canton. So I ask, why is this happening now?

I will confess that I was looking too much towards Canton as an "event" where something dramatic would happen to change the course of my life, or, at least, give me some specific direction. Therefore, my prayers and posts in the months leading up to the conference were clearly focused on preparing my heart to hear from God. God did not disappoint us. God spoke His word clearly. I found some notes from the conference and I was shocked at the clarity of the message that screamed from the pages.

Perhaps it would be helpful to go back and listen again to what God spoke to us in Ohio. It has now been over 80 days and the memory is already fading. Thanks to Sermonindex we can go back and listen again to what God said through His messengers. I for one am going back to listen again. I expect the Holy Spirit will reveal much to me that the enemy has already pushed to the background. Looking at my notes, I see that I probably need to start with Keith Daniel and learn again the dangers of living the compromised life.

God Bless You All....Let's move FORWARD!

Steve

No comments: