Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Message from a DEAD MAN !

After 134 days BC (Before Canton), We are now into day 5 AD (after death). I truly thank God for our time in Canton. A revival has begun. It has begun in me. The conference was not what I had expected ( I really don't know if I had any clear idea of what to expect), it was not even what I really wanted to hear, BUT it was exactly what God needed to say to me. I called my wife the night before returning home to tell her that her "2nd husband" was coming home, and that her first husband (me) had "died" in Canton. God had much to tell me, and much to remove in my life. I am certain that God is not finished with me but will continue the work He has begun. Praise God. Some may claim that we had a mountain top experience but I declare no, no, it was a "hill top" experience. I had to go back to the hill where the cross is and get back on it. I have been crucified with Christ!
I arrived home with great excitement ready to begin this journey with my Lord and to watch and be involved in His revival of His people. I am deeply saddened by the apathy I am greeted with. We had started a prayer meeting (specifically for revival) before the morning service at our church, 4 weeks prior to leaving for Canton. I was excited to return to the prayer room at our church and be joined with the people who had said that they wanted to pray for revival. There were 4 of us. Myself, Tim (a brother who joined me in Canton), and 2 14 year old girls. Praise God for the youth who prayed with broken hearts, and praise God for my faithful brother Tim,....but my heart aches for the lack of "men of God" who are desperate for revival. Where are the church leaders? God is teaching me about trusting Him, but I long for the church to wake up. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then...." 2 Chron.7:14. It appears that there is a sense of satisfaction with how things are (God have mercy on us). I am certain that God is not pleased. I WILL continue to pray for revival, even if I am alone in that. I will be one of those "hidden springs" that we heard about at the conference. I will soon stand back in awe of what God has done. There will be nothing that man can take credit for (guard my heart,O God against spiritual pride), we will see God at work in his people. On Oct 7, God said "I have heard your prayers". I am incredibly encouraged with this word from my Lord, and am satisfied that revival will come. We will continue to pray and wait upon Gods timing. It is my prayer today that God will show me anything in my life today that is grieving his heart and hindering His work.
I will share a few of my "Canton" verses that the Lord gave to me. "...we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon YOU." 2 Chron. 20:12. When discouragement set in with the small attendance at the first post Canton prayer meeting, God showed me what my role must be. I read a little further in this same chapter to find verse 17 "You will not have to fight this battle. TAKE UP YOUR POSITIONS(on my knees); STAND FIRM AND SEE...."
Praise God, it is not for me to worry about, it is the Lords battle, I must get on my knees (my "position") and stand firm ( do not waiver or grow weary).
My other "Canton" verse is Philippians 4:8 " Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable,- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think on such things." This scripture has been such a blessing and a safe guard of reminding me that I have made a "calculated covenant with my eyes, my mind and my lips." Thank you Kieth for this message.
Finally the verse of my life from 1 AD and onward, "I have been crucified with Christ..." Gal. 2:20. Why has it taken me so long to recognize that it does not say come "to" the cross, but it says "get on the cross". I am most thankful for this truth. I am a new man because Christ lives in me!
I have so much more that I would like to share here, but I must move on. I will close with a quote from T A Hegre's book, "The Cross and Sanctification"

"Furthermore,if one does want to step out in faith,he must almost "go it alone"; he must be a pioneer, with the dead weight of an unbelieving church holding him back. Now is the very time, therefore, for those who are willing to believe God and willing to take His Word as it is, to refuse to let the devil steal from them any fragment of it"

Praise God for what He IS doing!!!

Your brother in the battle,
Bill

No comments: