Friday, December 25, 2009

Thoughts from 2009

I notice that the last posting was Feb.2009 and now the year is through. For me, it was a busy year...just as I'm sure it was for everyone. The curse of North American life in the 21st Century....we are all so busy. Even the homeless guy on the street is busy...just ask him!

Tonight as a family we were meditating and reciting Psalm 103:1-4 together. What a great way to close out this year.

Bless the Lord O my soul, and all this is within me, Bless His holy name! Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquitites,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies
.


I recognize these blessings talk about our eternal destination, but it is amazing how God has blessed our family this past year. He certainly has crowned me with his lovingkindness and tender mercies...Thank you Father!

I have a deep hunger to draw near to Him in 2010 and learn more of His nature, His heart...what He wishes for His children. Distractions are many but focus on His Word and discipline will win the day. I will continue to blog here as long as God stirs my heart to do so. I would love to hear your thoughts as 2009 draws to a close.
Your brother, Steve

No comments: